After over 6 years of bootstrapping, it was time. I'm so overjoyed to know our brilliant wonderful first investors! The focus of this raise is to set up for major growth and this year we were able to bring on our first two directors, our first full time graphic designer, our first PR lead, test two retail markets, set-up Canadian production for our Canadian market, and develop and test small runs of ethical gowns, sweaters, and swimwear. We doubled in sales this fall-winter from the previous year all while the industry's outerwear sales were down due to a mild winter.
We are preparing now to raise our Series A to focus on textile innovation to one day replace all animal textiles. Does that sound crazy? Good. Let's do this.
The animals can’t wait for us to grow bootstrapped, when the big corporations have so many resources. We are here to create the next level of fashion, one that is sustainable for the world and can be scaled ethically. I've done all I can leading and financing this by myself, it's time now to bring together the smartest minds and biggest hearts around the world to pool our resources and ideas to create and lead this new world of fashion.
we have the chance right now to bring in a round of angel investors at a lower investment level than will be accepted in Series A. These investors will get a 20% discount on the Series A, as a reward for coming in early at this stage.
If you’re interested in joining us (or know someone who might be a good fit), and you qualify as an accredited investor, please contact Leanne at Leanne@VauteCouture.com and Brenda at BrendaVaute@gmail.com with "Investment Inquiry" as the title.
As we setup for Series A, we'll be hiring for the perfect additions to our talented, inspiring, most wonderful team.
- VAUTE Sales & Marketing Director
- VAUTE Art Director
- Immediate: Interns in Fashion, Marketing, Visuals
Email Sales@VauteCouture.com with your resume and why you'd like to join this adventure with us! xoxo
1. Disrupt the industry as the category creator of vegan apparel. We are here to create positive change through business- for the animals, the environment, and workers.
2. Innovate textiles to one day make wearing animals a thing of the past. Animals are not machine parts and can't be scaled, no matter how hard someone tries to do it nicely.
3. Empower and educate the public on how to make a difference with what we wear, eat, and buy. VAUTE is "Haute" with a V for Vegan, and sounds like "VOTE" because that's what a purchase is. We can create a world that we want by supporting businesses and practices that create good.
4. Inspire the mainstream by speaking from our hearts and souls and pouring our blood, sweat, and tears into creating a change for the animals.
Over 2.2 Million people watched this episode of France TV Tf1's most popular show 50 mn inside.
We've been so lucky to have NYLON share my story as “a fashion mogul without sacrificing morals.”
If you’re interested we'd love to get to know you to see if you're a fit! Please email us at Leanne@vautecouture.com & Brendavaute@gmail.com
And if you aren’t accredited and want to support us, know you already are! Your being with us on this journey, when we’re small and doing our best and not always perfect, means so much. We’re trying to do so much with limited resources, team, and lots of urgency to create a better world for the animals and your energy, time, and support makes this all possible.